Use our bond repayment calculator to get an estimate on your interest payments before purchasing properties in Namibia.
The listed interest rates and repayment terms are an estimated average for the local Namibian market.
Take note that interest rates will vary depending on the financial institution you are applying at.
calculate your monthly mortgage repayments
Adjust the sliders in the bond calculator below according to your financial institutions’ loan terms.
it's only an estimate
Please take note: This calculator is soley used for the convenience of getting a quick estimate and it does not represent any guaranteed figures. Speak to your bank about the interest rates offered on properties.
Consider approaching multiple financial institutions to get the most affordable long-term financing plan for your new dream home.
make sure it's legit
When buying properties in Namibia, take note of the following:
- Ensure that the real estate agent you are dealing with is registered with NEAB and is in the possession of a valid fidelity fund certificate.
- Ensure that you contact a conveyancer before making any payments on a property. The conveyancer will ensure that the property is legally registered to the seller by requesting the title deed of the property, which is transferred to the purchaser.
- Be sure to view the property and inspect it for any problems or future repairs that have to be undertaken
- Consider all of the renovations needed on the property
- Make sure that the property has no outstanding bonds or loans that need to be settled
- Consider getting a property valuator to get an accurate valuation of the property before agreeing on the final price
where can I get a loan?
Whether you get a loan and how much interest you pay will depend on numerous factors including:
- Your overall financial position
- Thea amount & type of income you receive
- The value of your assets
- The deposit you are able to afford
- Your relationship to the bank ( i.e. existing customers may be in favour )
what are the steps to own a home
When purchasing through a financial institution through a home loan:
- Request a deed of sale agreement from the seller/agent which is signed by the owner of the property
- Ask your financial institution for the required documents to apply for a home loan
- Complete all requested documents and take it to the financial institution with the deed of sale
- Wait for the financial institution to either approve or decline your application
- If approved, approach a conveyancer which is a lawyer specializing in the transfer of properties
- Present all of the documents from the bank with the deed of sale to the conveyancer
- There will be a fee applicable to the conveyancer to facilitate the transfer.
- The conveyancer will request the bank to perform the payment for the home loan to the seller
- The title deed will be changed to your ( the buyer) name
- Ensure that you get the original title deed and that it is in your legal name
- You are now the legal owner of the property
where can I find properties in Namibia?
Consider approaching a real estate agent if you don’t feel comfortable to purchase a property on your own. You can find properties listed for rent & sale in Namibia on the websites displayed below:
have you enjoyed our bond calculator?
Feel free to share this page with your friends on social media!
Share this page
2 Bedroom ApartmentSwakopmund, Namibia
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Garage
- Open plan kitchen
- Spacious living area
- Outside Guest Parking Area
- Security complex
2 Bedroom TownhouseWindhoek, Namibia
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Garage
- Kitchen with BIC
- Living area
- Garden area
- Guest Parking Area
- Community Pool